Personal Care and Enhanced Personal Care are service add-ons to any independent senior rental apartment within Springvale Terrace.
What if you don’t yet need assisted living, but something is keeping you from complete independence? Our personal care and enhanced personal care programs are the perfect solution for those who would benefit from some additional daily help with items such as meal preparation, housekeeping and light personal care, creating an affordable service package.
This program offers the valuable advantage of delivering personal care services to your independent apartment at Springvale Terrace, providing a bridge between independent residential living and licensed assisted living. Certain eligible seniors may qualify for a subsidy for these services through the Congregate Housing Services Program (CHSP).
The Congregate Housing Services Program (CHSP)
The Maryland Department of Aging partners with Seabury at Springvale Terrace and other senior housing providers to operate the Congregate Housing Services Program (CHSP). The program was created for persons 62 years old and above who need assistance with at least one activity of daily living. Other limits may apply. Contact the Marketing Office at (301) 587-0190 for information about using this subsidy at Springvale Terrace.
What is Included in Personal Care and Enhanced Personal Care?
|Personal Care||Enhanced Personal Care|
|Licensed Nurses available for consultation||✓||✓|
|Certified Nursing Assistant on duty 24 hours a day||✓||✓|
|24-hour, on-site emergency response||✓||✓|
|Community team member on-site 24 hours a day||✓||✓|
|Two additional meals in the dining room||✓||✓|
|Utilities include water and electric||✓||✓|
|Medication administration service of routine oral medications||✓|
|Annual medication review by consulting pharmacist||✓|
|Annual Care Plan review||✓||✓|
|Minimal assistance with bathing to include standby supervision, prompting and/or verbal cues, up to twice weekly||✓|
|Monitoring of personal hygiene||✓|
|Monitoring of meal attendance||✓||✓|
|Registered Dietitian available for consultation||✓||✓|
|Weekly laundering of bed and bath linens||✓||✓|
|Social, recreational and cultural activities||✓||✓|
Additional Services Available (An Additional Service Charge Applies):
- Room service
- Springvale Terrace minibus transportation service
- Beauty Parlor and Barber Shop
- Personal telephone, cable and Internet
- Personal laundry service
- On-site resident laundry rooms
- Rehabilitation services to include occupational, physical, and speech therapies
- Visiting physician services
How Are the Fees for Personal Care and Enhanced Personal Care Calculated?
- The monthly rate is based on the apartment size occupied and number of occupants.
- There are four apartment sizes from studio apartments to converted one-bedroom apartments.
- Monthly fees include rent, utilities, three meals daily and personal care services. The resident is responsible for telephone, cable and internet.
- A refundable security deposit is due at lease singing.
Please contact the Springvale Terrace Sales and Marketing Office at 301-587-0190 for more information.